Barbara’s is located in Casa Manila, Plaza San Luis, Intramuros. A heritage restaurant with two (2) main banquet halls; the Main Dining Hall built elegantly using adobe blocks, with a white lime finish, and the Sala Filipina made up of wood structure c. 1850.
It is part of the grand houses in Barrio San Luis (one of the four original villages of Intramuros), located across historic San Agustin church and bounded by Calle Real, General Luna, Cabildo, and Urdaneta streets. The other two are the Los Hidalgos, c. 1650 and Cuyugan Mansion, c. 1890.
Casa Manila is a replica of an 1850s San Nicolas House that was once located in Calle Jaboneros. The architect of Casa Manila was J. Ramon L. Faustmann. It was constructed by Imelda Marcos during the 1980s and modeled on Spanish colonial architecture.
For the past decade, the Sala Filipina has been the venue for the Kultura Filipina Dinner Show, a local dinner buffet event that offered local and foreign tourists, not only indigenous Fil-Hispanic cuisine but traditional Philippine dances. The Abesar Rondalla and Foklorico Filipino dance troupe performed every day until March of 2020, when the Covid-19 Pandemic occurred.
The Main Dining – 120 guest capacity, 60 guests allowed
The Sala Filipina – 200 guest capacity, 100 guests allowed
The Tea Room – 40 guest capacity, 20 guests allowed